Testimonial by Param D.D.

September 11, 2019 , , 1 Comments



Testimonial by Param Devi Dasi (Chile)

It's not something I want to write about because it's been hard for me to find inspiration to do it, I've also been afraid of reprisals because I have a little baby, but in sorority to my sisters and in honor of justice I'm going to tell my truth. Those who know me can confirm that I sincerely believed in the Vaisnava ideals and that I loved the gurus as a dog loves its owner.

I served for 14 years mainly in Chile, in a certain occasion I sought refuge in GM and he invited me to India, that's where it happened... I'm going to tell you as it is, GM called me to go to his side, I approached to hear him face to face and he very big-eyed with his hands turned me and put his hand on my waist, me, motionless... Then he lowered his hand to my ass and left it there for a long time, pressing. I didn't say anything because I was very embarrassed, I had a hard time understanding what had happened, it's like a mental breakdown, he's the boss and you don't want to be fired for saying it like that and according to the philosophy you have to please him, then here in Chile it happened to me again, but this time it touched my breasts.

I left the Vrinda mission, but I still have faith in the mantra, although now I even doubt a bit of philosophy, or rather I think that it should be used within a context, within margins where the basic norms of respect and human rights cannot be transgressed. My reverences to all beings who try to be good at heart, I hope these revelations do not discourage you from pursuing your full happiness daily, dandavats.


Editor's note:

1. Sexual assault is a crime. It includes unwanted touching, kissing, grabbing and rape.
https://www.justice.gov.nt.ca/en/files/victim-services/Sexual%20Assault%20Presentation.pdf
2. Some victims already reported the sexual assault to the German Embassy in the U.S. and some South American countries.

--- --- ---

1. Original Spanish text here.


1 comment:

  1. This barking is some kind of witch-hunt by dogs? Hunting? What does swami say? Where is his statement on this matter?

    ReplyDelete